Adding a photo to your post

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

Brian F.
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Adding a photo to your post

Post by Brian F. » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:12 pm

Updated: One of the upgrades done to upload photos has been removed. Sorry!

Or, you can still do it the previous way if you want control over the photos:

First you need to find a photo hosting service like Image Shack http://imageshack.us/ or Photobucket http://photobucket.com/ or have space on a home page web server. Once you upload your photo somewhere to the Web, go there, look for your photo and open it up. Once it is on your screen, go up to the \"Address\" line that displays the URL address. Highlight the address with your cursor, copy it and go to post your message on the board.

As you are typing your new post, you should be able to just \"paste\" the address into the text of your message. Before submitting your message, highlight the URL address again in your message and click on the \"Img\" button. This will put the correct code before and after your photo URL address for the photo to appear.

Please note that the typical HTML code \"img src\" does not seem to work on this board.

Use the \"Preview\" button to see if your photo is loading up right. If not, re-check that you have the correct address or highlighted just the address and nothing else in your message. It may take a couple of tries but you'll be pasting photos all over and we'll get to see all of your catches!
Last edited by Brian F. on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aloha,
Brian F.

"No House, No Fish"
"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"
http://fishtoday.org (the views expressed above are my own and do not specifically represent that of PIFG)

island driver
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by island driver » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:44 pm

Ok, I got the link on to post photographs, but how do you guys get it on without having to link? 8)

Brian F.
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Brian F. » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:54 pm

When you paste the URL into your message, highlight it with your cursor and click on the \"Img\" button (that will put the right code around your URL for it to appear automatically in your message). You have to be careful that when you highlight it, you do not include any spaces or stray characters at the beginning or end.
Aloha,
Brian F.

"No House, No Fish"
http://fishtoday.org (the views expressed above are my own and do not specifically represent that of PIFG)

island driver
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by island driver » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:29 pm

Thanks Brian, I think I got it working now! Had to disable something in order to attach the pics. 8)

Brian F.
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Re: Adding a photo to your post

Post by Brian F. » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:25 am

New forum upgrade to add photos directly has been removed. Sorry. See the first post above.
Aloha,
Brian F.

"No House, No Fish"

maueeboi

Post by maueeboi » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:37 pm

How do u post the pic without having it cut on the right side? I have noticed this in a few pics here?!

maueeboi

Post by maueeboi » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:39 pm

Neva mind. I think it's just how it shows up on my phone?!

Peesherman
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Peesherman » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:17 pm

nope, its not just your phone. When I post full 6x4's (1024x620pixels roughly), the right edge will get cut. if your using flickr, use the medium size instead of the large.
You took the time to search every post I made on here? Im flattered.

BraddahRednek
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by BraddahRednek » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:25 am

Test: Papio from last summer

youngy
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by youngy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi guys, any suggestions for uploading photos on to the site from a Mac computer, i am afraid i cannot work it out, cheers wayne

reefmonsta
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by reefmonsta » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:17 pm

youngy wrote:Hi guys, any suggestions for uploading photos on to the site from a Mac computer, i am afraid i cannot work it out, cheers wayne
Can you better explain where you are running into your problem? Having a Mac should not impede your ability to upload a photo to a website such as imageshack to create a link to add to your posting. Please explain so we can better help you...
reefmonsta
Instagram - follow @reefmonstah

youngy
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by youngy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks for the reply Reefmonsta, i appreciate it.

I am on several fishing websites in Australia and i am used to putting photos up by saving them to my desk top on the computer then they can be uploaded to the website automatically from there.

I must point out i am closer to 60 than 50 years old and do struggle with these things, it looks like i have to upload photos to imageshack or photobucket on this site then they are downloaded from there, is this correct.

I will keep trying, one of the good things about getting old is that you get stubborn, i will keep trying and i will succeed or i will die trying.

Looking forward to coming back to Hawaii next year, this time with a fishing rod, cheers wayne

youngy
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by youngy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi guys, this is a test photo, hope it works

[img][img]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q68 ... 6ee052.jpg[/img][/img]

youngy
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by youngy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi guys, i am having some success at uploading photos using the recommended format, but can't seem to get the photos up full size only thumb nails that will enlarge once clicked on.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, cheers wayneImage

Brian F.
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Brian F. » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Usually, photo hosting services like the ones you are using give you several different options to choose from when asking for the photo url for posting in forums. Be sure that you are not using the link that is for "thumbnails".
Aloha,
Brian F.

"No House, No Fish"